Thank you for considering Oregon State Parks for your volunteer service. We are honored to have you.
Volunteers are motivated by many, many things, but ultimately, most volunteers want to be part of something they value. Here are some other reasons we often hear:
- Repay or “give back” to a park system you’ve enjoyed and benefitted from over the years.
- Stay in a park and experience a behind-the-scenes look at what we do and work alongside park rangers to welcome visitors and make a difference.
- Play and have fun in a new area,and stay active in Oregon’s beautiful parks all around the state.
- Pay it forward and become part of the stories and traditions. Through your service, you are able to make a personal mark on the landscape and preserve parks for future generations.
Benefits of volunteering
Along with the praise and thanks from staff and visitors, here are some of the benefits you can enjoy at many of the parks:
- Develop new skills
- Specialized training
- Appreciation events
- Tokens of recognition – magnets, pins, patches, cinch bags and similar.
- Cool clothes… some volunteer positions wear official uniform attire.
Ways to volunteer
- We have tons of possibilities! You can volunteer as an individual, part of a group, with your family—whatever works best for you. And you can spend as much or as little time as you want. We will try to match you to the location and opportunity of your choice.
- Become a volunteer Park Host and help keep campgrounds clean and in good condition. In return for your generous efforts, you'll receive a free campsite.
- Join our network of volunteer partners. Public/private partnerships help us work efficiently, and collaborate with people in the community. Volunteers support our partners and our partners support Oregon State Parks. You can become an Adopt A Park Partner and assist us with operations and maintenance at a specific park location or join one of our 16 Cooperative Associations, whose efforts raise awareness, consciousness and appreciation for the protection, preservation and improvement.
How to apply
Complete a Volunteer Application
When you apply, describe your
experience, education, talents, skills and interests. Each park has unique needs and looks for volunteers with particular skills. The more thoroughly you describe your knowledge, skills and abilities, the better a match we can make.
- Regardless of your experience and skills, park staff can nearly always find a job that suits you. Many of the jobs, naturally, are outdoors and mean “getting your hands dirty,” but there is indoor business as well, such as various administrative and guest relations work.
You can search for volunteer opportunities here.
You can use the link to feedback on this website, send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org, or call toll free 1-877-225-9803.