The Sumpter Valley Gold Dredge was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1971. Between 1992-1993, the gold dredge, tailings and nearby property were purchased from the Trust for Public Land and private individuals. The dredge master’s house and a large barn was purchased in 2001. Additional property was acquired for a park office and a new park entrance in the late 1999 and 2003. Dredge operations stopped in 1954, and the dredge fell into disrepair during the following 41 years. Restoration began in 1995.
Annual dayuse attendance: 81,108